Tuesday, July 26, 2011

All Things Boys

Every time I look at these photos, I remember how much sugar I had spread all over the house.  Of COURSE the kids helped with some of these!  Especially since these are boy cakes.  My boys LOVE cake.  They tend to run up to me during cake time and say "Mommy can I please have some of your fondant?"   And, as you would expect, they get some.  On occasion, I have caught the kids pushing chairs up to the counter to grab fondant out of the plastic wrap, and once in a while I won't catch them, which results in dried out fondant, which has to be re-made.  Oh the joys of parenting and decorating at home!

In light of the fact that I have already done a tribute to girls' cakes, I suppose it's only fair to include the boy-themed deliciousness!  I get to do a lot more of this with my 3 boys at home, so there are a few more here to look through.  I hope you enjoy my small collection.

 A friend of ours LOVES the Seattle Seahawks, so I felt it was completely appropriate to honor that.  
I should have turned the helmet a full 90 degrees, but I was happy with the outcome anyhow. :)  
Happy Birthday, Heath!

 Credit to my bestie Cassie:  Fabulous job on the detail work and face mask, Cass!!  
What I learned:  It's great to work in a team when you have 4 hours to do a cake start to finish
(and) ALWAYS check the pass reports before deciding that it'd be EASY to get over the pass with a cake in the front seat.  Closed roadways, rain, children, and cake don't mix...

 Mr Potato Head cake for my son turning 3.  SO fun!
Five 6" cake layers stacked on top of each other and carved.
What I learned:  Fondant arms won't stay if they haven't dried out properly!

 My husband's white water rafting cake.  Fun, easy, and delicious!
What I learned:  Powdered sugar sprinkled on a cake doesn't make it look like white peaks of water.  
It makes it look like snow.  

 Backhoe cake when Mason turned 2.  
What I learned:  Candy makes everything more delicious!

 Leaf Blower cake for my father-in-law
What I learned: RKT needs to be REALLY sturdy before adding to a cake
(and)  Men are weird.  They like cakes shaped like their tools...

 Mario Cake for my brother
What I learned:  I have a real problem with sculpting people.   
(Something I need to work on)
 Props to my best friend, Cassie, on an AMAZING job with Bowser!

 Cake balls and a wrench (for my hubby)
Fun and easy cake - German Chocolate with coconut/pecan frosting
What I learned:  Cake Balls are perfect for kids!

 Sports/Construction Cake
See "Train Wrecks."

One of my favorites to date:  
Happy Birthday to former Betty Ford Falcons member Ralph Eronemo.
What I learned:  skewers make for really great tools when needing a straight line
(or a microphone stand!)

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment