Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Relief Society Birthday Celebration

This cake is long overdue, as well.  This was my first REALLY big cake without any help from my best friend.  I volunteered to do a cake to celebrate the birthday of the Relief Society of The Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints.  The emblem alone took me about two hours, and the rest of the cake came together pretty quickly.  It actually stayed together all the way to the church to drop it off, and everyone seemed very pleased with it.  I don't think anyone knows how anxious I was about this cake.  I was SO glad it turned out well.  I hope you like what I did!
Relief Society Birthday Cake

What I Learned:  Detail work is REALLY hard!  And I really need to learn how to cut out letters of fondant without making everything into a mess.

Also learned to turn OFF the ceiling fan when working with fondant.  The air just dries it out too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment