Friday, June 15, 2012

No Picture Intended


Hey there.

Just so you know, not all of my cakes turn out exactly the way I plan.  Take today, for instance:

I have been asked to do a birthday cake for a coworker (this is happening a LOT), who happens to be a BIG OSU Beaver Fan.  That's Oregon, my friends.  Not Oklahoma (cowboys), Not Ohio (Whatever the heck they are).  Oregon.  So I decided to make a 3D football helmet.  Oh yeah.  Awesome.  Well, I gave myself the WHOLE DAY to get it done, and I started baking around 11 am.  While the cake was baking, I made a face mask out of Wire and fondant, and three logos:  Two "OS" to go on the sides of the helmet, and the Beaver head to go on the back.  I thought the hardest part of the cake would be the details, but apparently not.

Because the cakes had been out of the oven for quite some time, I figured I was safe to start putting it together.   Boy was I wrong!  The cakes were moderately warm, which means they melted the frosting, slid ALL OVER each other, and kept falling down.  I had no choice but to scrap the cake and start all over.  So, here I sit, while my second round of cake is baking, knowing that I don't have the time to make it 3D again.  I'm down to 30 minutes left before delivery time... Do I think I'll make it?  Probably not.

Commence Fun In Baking. :)

And no, you don't get pictures, because I'm COMPLETELY frustrated with myself!  This cake should have been done an hour and a half ago... and would have been, had I cooled the cakes properly.  Noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment