Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Americana Quilt

Well, I realized today that I haven't posted in way too long, which means I have a full TWENTY-ONE cakes that I haven't posted yet!  I will get started today and try to have them done by the end of the week.

First up is my Mother-In-Law's 60th Birthday cake.  She wanted to have a Western Theme for her birthday and requested chocolate cake with Raspberry filling.  I slaved all day to make this (hahaha), and the raspberry filling was a DEFINITE hit when paired with the deluxe devil's food cake I made.  So yummy!  Happy 60th birthday, Mom!  And sorry it took me so long to get this one on here!

Deluxe Devil's Food Quilt Cake

What I learned:  When a filling recipe asks to strain the filling with a fine mesh sieve, it would actually be a good idea to do so.  We had a TON of seeds in the filling, but it was delicious anyway

Also Learned:  In the heat and humidity in Seattle, cakes sweat. And when given air to dry them off, air bubbles form under the fondant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment