Saturday, July 21, 2012

Lego Lego!

Here are a couple of Lego cakes that I have made for some kiddos we know.  Enjoy!

Lego Cake for Blake
White Cake, BC Frosting, MMF decor
I liked this idea because each kiddo received his own lego to eat, so there was no cutting of the birthday cake.  I think the kids really enjoyed that.
If I use this design again, I will definitely make the pieces smaller.  These were HUGE Lego pieces for the kids, and I think it was a bit much for them to have to try to eat.  
What I learned:  When having teenage girls over for a "cake decorating lesson," do NOT (and I repeat DO NOT) let them use fondant while standing on carpet.  It was a BEAST to get out later.  Next time there will be a TARP down!

Last Minute Lego Cake for Evan
Loved this cake because it was so fast and easy.  BC icing and decor.  
Kids loved it and it only took me about 15 minutes to put together.
What I learned:  Piping the majority of the icing on before spreading it makes life much easier!
and
I should probably center things before I start writing.  Wish Lego would have been more in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment