Saturday, July 21, 2012

G's 1st Birthday

Here is another cake that I am quite proud of.  It's so pretty with all of its flowers and with its cute little picket fence!  I have a great friend that I have known since childhood, and when her daughter's 1st birthday was approaching, she called and asked me to make a cake to celebrate the occasion.  I immediately had this idea in my mind, and I was able to actually execute what I had planned!!  For any of you who know me well, you'll know that this doesn't happen often!  haha   Anyway, I hope you enjoy the simple beauty of this cake. It is going down as one of my all-time favorites.
Giuliana's 1st Birthday Cake
What I learned:  vibration from a car trip through potholes and downtown Seattle can cause a cake to sink a little.  Luckily, I didn't have too much of a problem.
and
ALWAYS make extra items to throw on the cake. I wish I had just one more butterfly to replace the one I broke in half!  It doctored up just fine, but I would have preferred to not have to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment